So for one of your resolutions you’ve decided to eat healthy. You’ve thrown out the takeaway menus and taken to Pinterest to find nutritious and interesting recipes. However it can be difficult to stay motivated and all too easy to pick up the phone and order from your favourite takeaway. Here are a few tips to help you stay on track.
It’s no good vowing to eat kale with every meal if you can’t stand the stuff instead pick recipes that involve healthy ingredients you love. A good way to get on your way to five a day is to make a delicious vegetable soup. You can use any vegetables you like but if you’re stuck for ideas here’s a basic recipe to get you started:
1 medium onion
2 stalks of celery
4 medium potatoes
2 vegetable stock cubes
800ml Magnesium Mineralized water
1 tbsp olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
1. Dice the onions, celery and carrot
2. Add the oil to a large pot and heat before adding the diced onions, celery and carrots, simmer and stir for five minutes
3. Peel and dice the potatoes then add them to the pot along with the salt, thyme and oregano, stir well to ensure all the vegetables are well coated in seasoning
4. Boil 800ml of Magnesium Mineralized water, crumble the stock cubes into a heatproof jug, add the boiling water and stir to ensure the cubes are fully dissolved.
5. Add the stock and bay leaf to the pot.
6. Allow the soup to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
7. Serve and enjoy.
You can of course substitute any of the vegetables in this recipe for ones you prefer and change the herbs to suit your preferences. There’s plenty of room for experimentation.
You don’t have to give up your favourite foods to eat healthy, it’s easy to find healthy substitutes for a lot of ingredients for example you can swap beef mince for turkey mince for a leaner Bolognese.
Remembering to drink plenty of water can also help you stay on track as being dehydrated can lead you to feel hungry when you aren’t. Keep a Magnesium Mineraliser Filter Jug on your desk to remind you to stay hydrated.
Before too long you’ll begin to feel the benefits and it will be even easier to continue eating healthily.